Tuesday 19 August 2014

How to Dress Up as Uhura (Star Trek)

Rubie's Costume Star Trek Into Darkness Uhura Dress
Star Trek Women's Secret Wishes Sexy Uhura Costume





















One of my favorite things about the Star Trek reboot is getting to see one of media's most iconic African American characters back on the big screen again - I love Uhura! Even if I'm not a fan of the Spock/Uhura ship, she still kicks ass in my book. Since I've done a Star Wars post already, I'd be betraying my Trekkie instincts not to make some Star Trek costume guides, so here's two cute costumes for all you nerdy girls out there! On the left we have Uhura's costume from the reboot, while on the right we have her look from the original TV series. Both of them look fantastic!


I've also found a cute and easy makeup tutorial for doing the 'cats-eye' sort of makeup effect that Uhura wears in both incarnations. It is very easy to follow and a lot of fun, so I highly recommend watching it if you are planning to dress up as Uhura for Halloween or any other costume event. I hope you have a lot of fun! Be sure to check out the rest of my blog for even more cool costume ideas for women!

No comments:

Post a Comment